Reef Check Eco-Diver
Become a Reef Check Eco-Diver to conduct your own Reef Check Surveys and take an active role in conserving your favourite coral reefs. This course is designed to teach you how to conduct full scale Reef Check surveys. You will learn about the globally standardised Reef Check methodology as well as how to identify key indicator fish, invertebrates and substrates. This course will allow you to join the Reef Check monitoring team and assist in underwater surveys around the world.
- Based in Pulau Tioman since 1993, we are one of the longest standing dive centres on the island. With a great reputation, due to our exceptional levels of safety and high standards.
- We are based on a stunning tropical island that offers a relaxing and friendly environment.
- Our dive sites offer stunning wildlife and scenery, whilst at the same time being perfect for learner divers due to our sheltered and shallow waters.
- We do not cut corners, and pride ourselves on delivering high quality instruction, to ensure that you, as a student diver, become a safe and competent diver.
- The Eco-Diver Course consists of 4 parts; Identification of Fish, Inverts and Substrate, as well as survey methodology
- You will take part in theory lessons, learning how to identify key indicator species as well as the methodologies used in Reef Check Eco-Diver surveys
- You will complete 5 or 6 dives, putting this theory into practise
- You should be a minimum of Open Water Diver, although Advanced Diver is preferred. Good buoyancy control is essential and so we require a minimum of 20 logged dives before you sign up for the Reef Check Eco-Diver Course
- If you do not have your Advanced Open Water Certification, or additional buoyancy training, it may be a good idea to complete a buoyancy dive before starting your Eco-Diver Course
- This course takes 3 days to complete.
The price includes everything you need for your dive experience.
- Your diving equipment
- Your theory sessions and Reef Check materials
- Your underwater species ‘point out’ sessions – 4 dives minimum
- Your underwater methodology dive – 1 dive minimum
- A certification card upon successful completion of the course
- Your swim suit
- A towel
- A sense of adventure
- Your current dive certification card
- We generally start at 9am on the first day and finish by around 5:30pm
- We break for an hours lunch each day
- Theory is completed in the mornings, with dives taking place in the afternoons
- You must be minimum 12 yrs old to complete this program.
- There are no time saving options for this program.
- Payments can be made in cash (MYR) when you are here on the island.
- If you are coming in a group of 3 or more, we require a 20% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking. You can pay via PayPal (5% extra charge), or via direct bank transfer.
Contact Tioman Dive Centre today
Interested in the Reef Check Eco Diver Course?Enquire about this course