This two/three month course has been designed specially for those people who have decided to make diving their career, or an important part of their lives as a hobby. It is intensive, detailed and rigorous – you won’t just get to lead dives! Not only will you gain superior dive leading skills, but you will also have hands on experience of all aspects of running a dive centre. This will prepare you for your Instructor Development Course (IDC), if you choose to continue in the professional world.
- Based in Pulau Tioman since 1993, we are one of the longest standing dive centres on the island. With a great reputation, due to our exceptional levels of safety and high standards.
- We are based on a stunning tropical island that offers a relaxing and friendly environment.
- Our dive sites offer stunning wildlife and scenery, whilst at the same time being perfect for learner divers due to our sheltered and shallow waters.
- We do not cut corners, and pride ourselves on delivering high quality instruction, to ensure that you, as a student diver, become a safe and competent diver.
The DiveMaster Course runs through various aspects of working for a PADI dive centre, focusing on both in-water and out-of-water skills
- Advanced dive leading skills –
- How to give a comprehensive dive briefing
- How to manage a group of divers both underwater and on dry land
- Navigation skills
- Counselling divers on technique, passing on information to improve divers’ skills
- Marine life identification
- Safety issues
- Teaching –
- All DM trainees will work alongside our instructors to assist with many different students under training
- You will gain an insight into teaching and will have a great understanding of what makes a good Instructor and DiveMaster
- You will develop demonstration quality skills, showing each skill clearly for your student divers
- Theory –
- You will complete 9 x chapters in your DiveMaster Manual, going through different aspects of being a DiveMaster
- You will gain knowledge in 5 different areas and complete an exam in; Physics, Physiology, Equipment, Skills and the environment and Decompression Theory and the RDP
- Working within the dive centre –
- You will gain experience in all aspects of running a dive shop including; logistics, dive planning, customer care, basic equipment repair, compressor use and general dive centre maintenance to the highest standard.
- By the end of your DiveMaster Course, you will have logged well over 100 dives, which is enough to sign up for the Instructor Development Course.
- You must be minimum 18 years old
- You must hold a minimum of Rescue Diver Certification
- You must hold a certification for First Aid with CPR completed within the last 24 months
- You just need to complete a short medical questionnaire, and see your doctor before you arrive on the island, to be signed off to state that you are FIT TO DIVE – ask us for more details and click HERE to view the PADI Medical Questionnaire.
- You must have a minimum of 40 logged dives before you start your PADI DiveMaster Course
- Our DiveMaster Course takes between 6 weeks (minimum) – 3 months (maximum). The longer you can stay, the more experience you will gain and the more dives you will complete.
- If you have not completed your Rescue Diver Certification, we can complete this with you before you start your DiveMaster training. The EFR and Rescue Diver courses take 4 days to complete.
The price includes everything you need for your dive experience.
- Your diving equipment if needed (BCD, Reg, Mask, Fins, Weight Belt, Wetsuit etc…)
- Your PADI DiveMaster Pack which includes your DiveMaster manuals, DiveMaster slates, the PADI Instructor Manual and numerous additional information packs.
- All of your diving during your stay, based on the dive centre’s program for the day.
- Your certification costs will be paid to PADI directly, upon successful completion of the course. This price includes your first year of PADI membership.
- Your Dive Insurance – If you would like to purchase Dive Insurance, we recommend DAN Insurance (Divers Alert Network)
- Your accommodation – TDC can help you to arrange this if you like
- Your food – there are numerous restaurants close to the dive centre where you can find meals for between RM10 and RM20
- Your swimmers
- A towel
- Any personal equipment – the items we recommend are –
- Dive Computer
- Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
- Mask and Snorkel
- A Rashvest and Boardshorts
- A sense of adventure and a drive to become a valuable member of TDC
- There is no set schedule for the DiveMaster Course.
- Working alongside the instructors and management at TDC, and with your personal DiveMaster Mentor, we will allow you to experience all aspects of working within a dive centre
- The working day at TDC begins at 8am, and finishes at around 5:30 – 6pm. We encourage you to open and close with all staff, to become an integral part of our team
- You must be minimum 18 yrs old to complete this program.
- We would not recommend the time saving options for this course, however if you would like to complete part of the theory before arriving on the island, this is possible through PADI’s eLearning program.
- Payments should be made in full at the beginning of the course
- You can pay with cash in Malaysian Ringgits, via PayPal (5% extra charge) or via a direct bank transfer.
Contact Tioman Dive Centre today
Interested in the Padi Dive Master Course?Enquire about this course